I purchased a John Deere X530 Lawn Tractor mid-to late summer two years ago.I've performed all of the routine maintenance myself with JD parts.

Two weeks ago, the tractor started acting like it was starving for gas. Just reaching 104 hours, I purchased the Home Service Kit, put new plugs, new air filter and new fuel filter. Before changing the oil filter and oil, I tested the tractor ... same issue.

I thought it might be gas, but other equipment I have runs fun with gas obtained at the same time; dispensed from the same gas cans. Took it to the local JD dealer, West Central Equipment five days ago. They called me two days ago, and said the fuel pump was fine, and the unit was getting gas and running - I suggested that they actually USE it as the issue developed 10 to 15 minutes after a cold start. They called today (Friday), and said there was an obstruction in the fuel line, AT the carburetor, and that it's all fixed.

Figuring whatever it was, either was already there, or somehow got through the original Fuel Filter. (They also mentioned that there was nothing wrong with the gas, and nothing in the fuel tank or the line up to the fuel filter.) I told the young lady they should have also fixed the right front tire as it had been going flat, and asked what I owed and she said $285 and change! for parts and labor!

I told her I believed that to be a warranty, and no parts should be involved considering she said they cleared whatever the obstruction was - I THINK she said with air.I don't like arguing with employees, but I told her I believe that they are incorrect, politely thanked her and plan to pick the tractor up tomorrow, and hopefully since it's Saturday, a supervisor will be there to confirm what she says isn't a warranty issue.

Review about: West Central Equipment Lawn Tractor Repair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Had an Experience with West Central Equipment?

Comments